What you need to know about Botox in Thousand Oaks
Time, lifestyle choices, and elemental exposure take a toll on our skin. As we age, wrinkles and fine lines begin to appear, gradually worsening. Common facial expressions, such as frowning, laughing, or smiling, pull on your skin, stretching and puckering it. With the elasticity of youth, skin naturally moves with your face. As skin loosens and loses its elasticity, wrinkles begin appearing when you move your face. Over time, they become permanent and can turn into deep creases. For many residents of Thousand Oaks, Botox is the solution.
What Botox does
Botox is a refined and purified form of botulinum toxin type A, which has long been used for the relief of various muscular conditions. It is classified as a neurotoxin, which means it represses that activity of nerve cells. Botox targets the nerves controlling specific muscles at and near the injection site. When miniscule amounts are injected in the facial muscles that cause wrinkles, they relax and the skin smoothens.
Who Botox helps
Nearly every adult who wants a younger looking face is a good candidate for Botox treatment. It is most effective for treatment of dynamic wrinkles, which disappear when your face is relaxed. However, it can reduce even deep creases. Additionally, it may be used in conjunction with dermal fillers to plump and smooth skin for a dramatically younger appearance.
The Botox procedure
The entire process of getting a Botox treatment simply consists of a few injections. Because an extremely fine needle is used to inject a precision amount, the discomfort is minimal. Side effects are mild, if any, and may involve temporary bruising, headache, or drooping eyelid. Botox is not a permanent solution to wrinkles. It will need to be repeated every 3-4 months for lasting results. Treatment takes only minutes, with no downtime, so most patients find maintenance treatments easy to work into their schedules.
To look as young as you feel, come to Pierre Skin Care Institute today, and learn if Botox treatment is right for you.
Back To Botox Home page
- Botox in Thousand Oaks CA - Botox makes more beautiful faces in Thousand Oaks, CA
- Best Treatment For Permanent Frown At Thousand Oaks - Find your best treatment for that permanent frown at our office in Thousand Oaks
- Best Botox Doctor Thousand Oaks - Achieve the best results from Botox with your experienced doctor in Thousand Oaks
- Botox Treatment Thousand Oaks - Combine Botox treatment with dermal fillers in Thousand Oaks for your best look
- Botox Safest Cosmetic Medications at Camarillo - Improve your appearance with Botox, one of the safest cosmetic medications offered at our practice near Camarillo
- Botox Side Effects Thousand Oaks - Understanding Botox and potential side effects facilitates beautiful results in Thousand Oaks
- Botox For a Younger Look Camarillo - Botox still an ideal treatment for a younger look, and your dermatologist near Camarillo has the experience you can trust
- Thousand Oaks Botox - What you need to know about Botox in Thousand Oaks
- Dermatologist in Thousand Oaks CA - The risks of Botox Parties - why see a dermatologist in Thousand Oaks
- Best results Botox Treatment in Thousand Oaks - Choose the best doctor for natural results from Botox treatment in Thousand Oaks
- Improve Facial appearance with Botox in Camarillo - Residents in Camarillo can improve their facial appearance with Botox treatment