"I have seen Dr. Pierre for over ten years. By far the best dermatologist out of the four or five I have seen in my life. Really nice guy, amazing techniques and very efficient. Couldn't recommend more highly. Thanks!"
Years ago, patients who wished to encourage new cell and collagen production would head to a dermatologist for carbon dioxide laser resurfacing. While this treatment would take 10 to 15 years off of the skin's appearance, it also required IV sedation and two to three weeks of down time for healing. Essentially, this laser resurfacing was a controlled burn. Over time, patients began to see that although the skin on the face improved, treatment left a noticeable difference in the texture of facial skin compared to the neck and chest.
Today, patients get optimal results from Dr. Pierre with DOT (Dermal Optical Thermolysis) therapy. This improved laser treatment makes use of fractionated light. Instead of a steady light beam, DOT therapy administers a beam that is broken up. This technology leaves areas of healthy tissue surrounding the microscopic holes (DOTs) made with the laser. Since healing begins with healthy skin, this new laser resurfacing treatment requires far less down time and risk.
DOT therapy is effective at correcting issues such as:
- Skin discoloration
- Skin laxity
- Sun spots
- Scars from acne or other skin injuries
Because DOT therapy does not require sedation, the procedure is much safer than former methods of laser resurfacing. Treatment is administered in less than an hour right in our office. It begins with the application of topical anesthetic to make you comfortable during the procedure. Dr. Pierre customizes treatment for your situation with precise adjustments, if needed. While you sit comfortably, the doctor moves the fractional laser over the skin, making microscopic perforations. In just a few minutes, you are on your way to more youthful, vibrant skin on your face, neck, chest, and hands.
Immediately following treatment, your skin will appear red (as if you spent a day out in the sun). Dr. Pierre may apply a compress to cool the skin. Within a few days, the treated skin will begin to slough off, as a new healthy layer emerges. By day ten, you will love your skin within!
- Dot Therapy a Safer Method at Camarillo - DOT therapy ideal for those seeking a safer method for skin rejuvenation near Camarillo
- DOT Therapy for Healthy Looking Skin in Camarillo - Why DOT therapy is an optimal treatment for healthy looking skin in Camarillo
- DOT Therapy Procedures Camarillo - Restore a more youthful appearance with DOT therapy procedures in our office near Camarillo
- Dot Therapy Treatment Thousand Oaks - What is DOT Therapy?
- Laser DOT therapy Thousand Oaks - Safety of laser resurfacing
- Best Results DOT Treatment in Thousand Oaks - CO2 vs. DOT treatment in Thousand Oaks: What gives the best results?
- Improved Laser Therapy at Camarillo - Camarillo residents see improved skin with laser therapy at Pierre Skin Care Institute