"I like to research doctors thoroughly before I decide to entrust my care to them. I have very high standards and I am very pleased I found you, Dr. Pierre. I absolutely love the results of my PhotoFacials! I recently ran into another dermatologist at a meeting and he commented on the wonderful job you did with the brown spots and sun damage on my skin. I can't begin to tell you how life-changing it has been to be able to go without make-up and not worry about the way I look. I love my skin!"
Each year, Dr. Pierre sees many patients who wish to renew a youthful appearance. Fine lines, redness, spider veins, and other marks on the skin make you look older. IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) is a contemporary treatment that provides excellent results, allowing you to feel confident in your appearance.
IPL is similar to laser treatment; but where a laser utilizes light of one wavelength, IPL delivers light of multiple wavelengths. This makes the IPL treatment highly versatile, efficient, and cost effective in treating a variety of skin types and conditions.
IPL is non-ablative, which means the treatment does not harm the surface of the skin. The procedure takes under an hour in most cases; possibly only a few minutes, depending on the area being treated. Before beginning, a cool gel is applied to numb surface skin. The doctor then runs the handheld IPL device over the skin, delivering pulses of light. This intense light reaches the deeper part of the skin, the dermis, leaving the surface skin undamaged. During the procedure, the patient feels only a warm sensation.
You will see an immediate improvement in your skin after IPL. Even better, this is a progressive treatment – results become more apparent over time. There is no down time after each session; you may come in during your lunch hour and return to work without evidence of treatment! For optimal results, it is recommended that you schedule one session a month for a total of three to five treatments. The procedure may be performed on the face, neck, chest and hands for all-over visual enhancement.
With IPL treatment, you can correct a number of skin concerns. In addition to fine lines and redness, this photo facial addresses:
- Sun spots
- Uneven skin tone
- Diffuse flushing
- Hemangiomas (round red dots)
If your skin is in need of a boost, visit Pierre Skin Care Institute. Talk with Dr. Pierre about IPL treatment for a rejuvenated appearance.
Back to Home Page
- IPL Treatment for Immediate Improvement Thousand Oaks - IPL treatment may be used for immediate improvement in our Thousand Oaks practice
- IPL Treatment for a variety of skin types and conditions in Camarillo - IPL treatment effective for a variety of skin types and conditions in Camarillo
- Improve Your Skin After IPL Treatment In Camarillo - Improve your skin after IPL treatments in Camarillo by planning early
- IPL Treatment Thousand Oaks - Are you a good candidate for IPL treatment in Thousand Oaks?
- Benefits of IPL treatment Thousand Oaks - What are the benefits of IPL treatment in Thousand Oaks?
- Procedure of IPL Treatment in Camarillo - Treatment of complexion imperfections in Camarillo with the IPL procedure
- IPL Treatment for a Rejuvenated Appearance Camarillo - IPL vs. laser treatments for Camarillo residents seeking a rejuvenated appearance