"Dear Dr. Pierre,
Thank you so much for taking care of me last week. It was a pleasure meeting you and your wonderful staff. I feel so much better now that the rash on my arms is gone."
~ Chloe Belle V.
How The Sun Sees You
Many patients seek cosmetic treatment to retain youthful-looking skin. We also treat medical dermatological conditions.
- A benign pigmented spot which, like a birthmark, is typically harmless. Moles may be removed by laser or surgical excision, when necessary.
Patients should perform regular self-checks and visit a dermatologist for professional assessment of moles. Here's an easy guide to follow – the ABCs:
- Asymmetry - Both sides should match (imagine a line down the middle).
- Border - It should be distinct and uniform.
- Color - Moles come in different colors, but they should contain only one.
- Diameter - Should be no larger than a pencil eraser (but even small moles can be malignant).
- Evolving - Any change should be checked by your dermatologist immediately.
- This has a negative impact on daily life. We offer several effective treatments:
- Prescription strength antiperspirant for use under the arms, and on hands and feet.
- Iontophoresis, an electrical current to deactivate sweat glands, done by the patient at home.
- Surgical treatment, as a last resort (it may result in compensatory sweating from other areas of the body).
- Botox injections are highly successful, and have no side effects or down time. Immediate results last about nine months.
- There is no known cause or cure for this widespread, chronic condition, linked to a family history of allergies or asthma. We treat eczema with prescription lotions, moisturizer, and avoidance of harsh soaps for faster healing during a flare-up.
- Also a chronic condition with no known cause or cure. Triggers include emotional stress, injury, systemic infection, and medications. It appears on the scalp, elbows, feet, knees, or genitals, and can cause joint stiffness or pain. Flare-ups are managed with topical medications, phototherapy, photochemotherapy (PUVA), and oral or injectable medication (for severe symptoms).
Warts and molluscum
- Fleshy growths commonly seen in youths. Caused by a virus, they are not harmful but very contagious if not treated early. Treatment includes conservative cantharidin ("Beetle Juice"), salicylic acid, cryotherapy, or laser surgery in the most severe cases.
Back to Home Page
- Warts and Molluscum Treatment Thousand Oaks CA - Thousand Oaks, CA practice provides warts and molluscum treatment
- Psoriasis Cure At Thousand Oaks - The closest thing to a psoriasis cure can be found at our Thousand Oaks office
- Medical Dermatological Conditions at Camarillo - Medical dermatological conditions like warts treated successfully at our office near Camarillo
- Eczema Treatment Thousand Oaks - Your dermatologist works with you to design effective eczema treatment in Thousand Oaks
- Thousand Oaks Medical Dermatology - Are moles dangerous?
- Best Medical Dermatologist Camarillo - Camarillo residents' guide to the best skin care: When to see a medical dermatologist
- Best Treatment in Medical Dermatological conditions Camarillo - The best products and treatment for medical dermatological conditions